Ross Priory Club is now available for membership within the Kilmaronock community
Ross Priory was originally one of several homes belonging to the Buchanan family and was latterly owned by Major George Christie, who had a wooden leg as a result of his leg being blown off during the First World War. He sold the estate on to close friends of the family – Teacher's Whisky. The University of Strathclyde purchased the property in 1971.
A dwelling is known to have existed on the site from as early as 1693, but the present house was built in 1812, designed by the architect James Gillespie (1776-1855), featuring his Scottish Gothic style.
Ross Priory is the University of Strathclyde's Recreational and Conference Centre, and is not open to the general public. The gardens are open once a year, towards the end of May, through the Scotland's Garden Scheme.
To find out more please visit their website.
Last Updated (Sunday, 01 January 2017 16:53)